Pharmaceutical Market Research
Closely tied to the healthcare industry, the pharmaceutical industry is also facing challenges, including
pressure on drug pricing, regulation, changing healthcare models, and the growth of global drug
manufacturing and sales. By 2024 the global pharmaceutical market is anticipated to grow to over US $1.3
trillion, with a CAGR of nearly 7%, and $500 billion in the U.S. alone.
Navigating growth in such a turbulent environment requires well-executed, timely, and high-quality insights
delivered through pharmaceutical industry market research. Research America regularly provides these
insights to companies throughout the pharma industry, building a solid reputation for helping pharma
companies succeed and grow.
We combine measurable psychology and anthropology-based research with our knowledgeable staff to provide
actionable and targeted results.
Our areas of expertise includes:
Disease areas such as Auto-Immune, Dermatology, Pain Management, Oncology, Cardiology, Sexual
Dysfunction, Gastroenterology, and Ophthalmology
Medical Device areas such as Cardiac, Anesthesiology, Diabetes, Pulmonary, and Surgical Devices
Research America has extensive experience in pharmaceutical market research, including:
Customized segmentation to better understand and reach target audiences
Brand and value proposition development
- New product launch strategies
- Customer service measurement programs
- Marketing program evaluation
- Promotional programs effectiveness
- Ad and messaging testing for key market segments
- Creative Concept Testing
- HCP Messaging Strategy
- Physician ATUs
- HCP Segmentation
- Market Landscape Segmentation
- Pricing Studies
Additional services provided by our Segmedica® division include:
All forms of anthropological research including in-home, in-office, or in-hospital are conducted by our
health experts. Our staff includes experienced sociologists and anthropologists as well as both clinical and
academic psychology advisors. Some examples of Anthropological work include:
RxConnex™ – a Powerful New Pharmacy
A source for obtaining complete pharmacy records for study respondents. We have exclusive access to pharmacy
records covering 85% of the US population. The service requires patient agreement and is HIPAA compliant.
You will not receive any PHI as part of the process.
Why consider this service?
- Our pilot studies confirm that, in many cases, the difference between patient-reported medical
conditions, products taken, and levels of compliance and the facts are very large indeed. Particularly
for studies involving complex and co-morbid conditions, RxConnex is an essential validation step.
- We provide data and metrics including medication possession ratio (MPR) and proportion of days covered
(PDC) as well as persistence data
- EMR data has been shown to be unreliable in terms of prescribed medicines and those actually taken by
EMR data is very costly to obtain. The cost of RxConnex data is low and will add very little to the cost
of your project.
- For smaller, qualitative studies, making sure you have the right patient respondents.
- Tracking patients’ behaviors over time.
- Adherence and/or compliance studies where patient-level data is critical to understanding patient
- Show patterns in compliance or persistence over a period of time.
- Follow specific patients and track their adherence and persistence.
- HEOR data validation and insights in outcomes studies.
- Patient flow
- Patient journey
- Buying process
- Patient segmentation
- Research for adherence programs and support programs
When you need to walk in your customers’ shoes, see the world through their eyes, experience their life as if
it was your own, and to viscerally understand their unmet needs, you need a research firm that can explain
how their minds are working and then how you can effectively influence their behaviors. Research America has
a wide range of research methodologies and has specialized experts on staff with a very diverse toolbox.
- Superb patient journeys and customer experience reports
- Specialized research for journeys in the digital space
- HEOR for the economic and outcome journey and/or clinical trial experience
- For rare and ultra-rare diseases, our in-house recruitment unit can find and engage your targets
- Deeper, more meaningful, and more actionable results
- Can be built around your customer or patient segmentation, one of our PersonaSmart personality-based
psychological models, or both
- Assurance of a project completed to the highest standard, on time, and on budget
- Rare and ultra-rare diseases and specialties
PersonaSmart™ is an innovative way of linking personality to decision-making and behavior in healthcare,
healthy eating at home and out in the world, nutrition, personal care and beauty, pet care – in fact, in any
activity to do with health and wellness.
- Customer Health & Wellness
- Food, Beverage, and Nutrition
- Health Networks & Services
- Pharmaceuticals & Devices
TripleSmart™ is a whole new way of looking at market segmentation embracing three distinct methodologies in
The advantages for you are:
- Superior insights and actionability
- Removes risk of project failure
- Uses a globally validated personality tool
- Can result in significant cost and time savings
- Ideal for rare and ultra-rare populations and markets
- Works consistently across all medical, healthcare, nutrition, provider, plans, wellness, and beauty
For more information about our pharmaceutical market research and how we can help you, please Contact Us